Monday, April 19, 2004

More geocaching this weekend

Did some Geocaching this weekend. Found two more caches. Terri and I also went oiut later and looked for two more that we didn't find.


I made a ton of baby food for Dee yesterday. She's now stocked up with green beans, sweet potato, brocolli, carrots, peaches and zuchinni.


I also completed the storyline missions on Freelancer. It wasn't as much of a challenge as I'd hoped. The flying controls on this game really suck. You can't fly your ship with a joystick, you HAVE to use a mouse. It really takes some getting used to. If it hadn't been for the ability to do freeflight and exploration, I'd have ditched the game within the first 10 minutes. I like the games like this (GTA3 is the perfect example of this type of game). where you can go around and explore the environment and you're not absolutely required to follow a preset story line. There's an online multiplayer component to freelancer as well. I was hoping that it would connect you to a dedicated central server that would contain an ever-expanding universe that all online players could log on to. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Instead different users can set up servers to host games (much like Quake arena and others). So, you've got to go to a server list, look at pings and stuff and find a server to play on. Supposedly these severs should be able to handle up to 128 players, but according to the forums I've seen, the optimal limit is closer to 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home