Thursday, April 22, 2004

Reincarnation

My mother-in-law believes in reincarnation. To me, this is odd because she also claims to be a Christian. Last time I checked, reincarnation was not part of the Christian mythology.


However, it seems that her beliefs are not all that out of the ordinary. Many people who call themselves Christians profess beliefs in things that are clearly outside the realm of the standard version of Christianity.


More to the point, even if I were to believe in reincarnation (which I don't) there's no way in hell I could accept that my mother-in-law is Cleopatra reincarnated! Thet's right! She has claimed on several occasions to believe that she was Cleopatra in a previous life. Now if I WERE to believe in reincarnation and had to pick someone alive today as the most likely candidate to be Cleopatra reincarnated, it would certainly NOT be my mother-in-law!


If I were going to pick someone and say, "there! That person is most likely to be Cleopatra reincarnated," it would be either this person or this person!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home