Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Several Cool Things

Saturday we went in to Marshall for my Aunt's wedding. This was the second marriage for both of them. I really don't think you're required to stand on tradition the second time around but Libby insisted on not showing up at my grandmother's house (where the wedding was being held) until the last minute because Andy (the groom) was going to be there. It's also harder to come up with a gift for someone who's remarrying. After all they've both already got toasters. Anyway, I video taped the wedding and will be editing it into a DVD for them and also took a bunch of still pictures. (I was the cheap photographer).


We were supposed to bring a china cabinet back from Marshall that my grandmother left me but U-Haul screwed up my truck reservation. Their only excuse was, "well a lot of people want to rent our trucks right now." Oh! I see! So that means you get to act like idiots and treat your customers like crap? Incidently they did have a truck for me. But I'd have had to drive to Tyler to pick it up! That's over an hour each way!


Sunday night Dee went to sleep in Terri's arms while we were watching TV. So Terri got up and went to the bedroom and laid down with her for the night. I went out to the computer to try to get some stuff done. Shortly, Terri was standing at my shoulder. This is not all that unusual. Often Dee will wake up once Terri gets her to bed. Sometimes she'll go back to sleep but other times she won't. On those occasions when she won't, Terri ends up frustrated and put out. But on this occasion, Terri was grinning. When I inquired as to what had happened, she said that Dee had woke up and started babbling. So, hoping she'd just lay back down and go to sleep Terri just ignored her. At this point Dee crawled up on Terri's chest and gave her a kiss on the mouth, sat back and giggled. Terri tried not to react on the hopes that Dee might still go back to sleep on her own. Then she did it again... and again. Finally Terri couldn't stand it any more and started laughing along with Dee. We ended up driving her around for a little bit before she went back to sleep.


Also we did the inspection on the new house yesterday. A few things turned up on the report so we're asking the seller to have the AC serviced at their expense and asking for $1,000 for repairs that need to be made. We also started the paperwork on the mortgage. Looks like we'll be getting a rate around 5.6%. If everything goes OK we're expected to close on August 18th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home