Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Take off the blinders, please.

I'm not sure what my wife is thinking sometimes. Wait, that's not right. That should read, "I'm not sure IF my wife is thinking sometimes." Last night was a good example. We went to a local BBQ restaurant that serves in a cafeteria style line. I was carrying Dee and she was asleep on my shoulder. I managed to push my tray down the serving line without much trouble. At the end of the line we get rung up and I pay. One of the girls behind the register notices that I've got my hands full and comes around to help us to our table. Well, since Terri's tray had more stuff on it than mine she opted to grab Terri's tray. Presumably that would leave Terri free to carry my tray for me while I carry the baby. However, Terri simply followed her out to the table leaving me standing near the register with a baby in my arms and no reasonable way to carry the tray. The remaining girl behind the register and I exchanged puzzled looks but there wasn't much she could do about it. I wanted to shout across the restaurant at Terri and do my level best of embarrasing her in front of everyone in the restaurant but I had Dee asleep on my shoulder and didn't want to startle her. So instead, I simply stood there waiting until the girl behind the register could find another employee to help me get my tray to the table. I still haven't mentioned this to Terri. I don't think she even has a clue as to what she did. I think I'll just let her read it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home