Monday, January 31, 2005

My Wife, the Tease

My wife is such a tease! Last weekend she proudly announced to me that she had washed me tons of clothes so I should have plenty to wear for the coming week (and to take on my trip to LA). However, Monday morning I got up and could find no pants or shirts in my closet (none that I could wear to work anyway). So I checked the laundry room and found a load of clothes in the dryer... still damp.


After cursing under my breath (I didn't want to wake the baby) I turned the dryer on and went back to my morning routine hoping that the clothes would be dry before I needed to leave for work.


So I head back in later and find the clothes nice and dry. Then I start pulling them out. I noticed right away that half the load is towels and the rest of the load is a mish-mash of random clothes incliding several of Terri's sleep shirts, a few socks one of my shirts and a bath mat. If I had been dealing with a teenager, I would have come to the conclusion that this random assortment of laundry had been thrown in simply so they could say that they had done a load of laundry.


All of my clothes that she'd "washed" turned out to be still in the washing machine.


So I ended up having to dig through the hamper to find something to wear that wasn't obvious that I'd dug it out of the hamper.


Yesterday, my wife informed me again that she had washed me some clothes. I was dubious, but I did see her mucking about in the laundry room and I had given her this entire spiel last week and threatened to put it in the blog, so I figured that this time she'd do it right.


When am I going to learn?


This morning I get up and I do find several of my shirts hanging in the laundry room (that as far as they make it most of the time). Along with the shirts is one pair of ugly green pants (I'm not sure why I haven't thrown them out yet). But I figure it's better then nothing until I pull them down and realize that they are the same pair that I gave to Terri several weeks ago for mending because they are missing a button.


So I go digging around the house looking for some pants. I had remembered seeing a basket of clothes sitting on the futon that looked suspiciously clean. So I went and had a look. Guess what? It was the exact same load that I had found in the dryer the previous monday. They'd been sitting on the futon for the entire week I was in LA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home