Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Deck them Halls

Bought about $150 worth of new christmas Solstice decorations last night.


I was inspired a bit by this guy who programmed his lights to flash in time with music.


When I first saw it, I thought it was edited together from a bunch of stills. But then I found out that he'd actually programmed them to flash in time with the music using Light-o-Rama. I think it's a bit too late to start something like this for this year. Maybe next year. hehehe


Anyway, we got some icicle lights to hang from the eaves. Normally I just outline the roof, but we decided to go with icicles this year. I also got some miniature outdoor lighted trees with the plans of doing a miniature lighted forest in the front yard. However, given that I only got 4 trees (two 3' trees and two 2' trees) it'll be a bit heavy on the miniature and light on the forest. (no pun intended... really!)


I also picked up a couple of strings of red miniature lights with the plans of making the posts on the front porch into candy canes (or barber poles depending on your point of view). I tried to find some miniature white lights (rather than clear) to go with them but wasn't able to find any so I'll have to go with the clear for now.


I'll try to post some pictures when I get it all up and the electric meter is spinning like Karl Rove on a heavy news day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home