Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Stupid State

I can't believe my state actually voted for a state amendment to ban gay marriages. Actually I can believe it because this is Texas after all (state motto: no inteleksuels alowed).


But honestly, I don't think that the amendment really conveys the sentiment that they were trying to get across.


As it is, it simply states that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Thereby implying that it is NOT a union between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. But I think what they REALLY meant to put in was that marriage is a union between a white christian man and a white christian woman. Because obviously to these people anything else is simply an abomination to god. In fact to be totally honest they may want to take it a step further and say that marriage is a union between a white christian man and a white christian woman where the man provides an income of at least $100,000 per year and the woman stays home and raises the children and is subservient to her husband.


Yes, I think that would just about cover it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home