Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Nattering

Do I natter? No, really. Tell me. I can take it.


Oh, what the fuck do you know?


I sent the wife a link to a neat little mac program that I found via Lifehacker today.


Well, she didn't open it until I was in the room with her and when she saw "Lifehacker" come up she said, "Oh, Lifehacker. That's that site you're always nattering on about."


Nattering! Me! Really!


Stunned, I was. Shocked even. Or at least that's the air I put on.


Here I go out of my way to go to all the trouble of diligently and carefully cutting and pasting a link into an email for her (that's at least 8 clicks of the mouse and a linear motion of the mouse that must add up to at least five inches) and that's the thanks I get. Nattering Indeed!


Anyway...


Apparently she'd had a pretty trying day today and at some point got a song stuck in her head. She asked me to knock her about a bit to see if I could dislodge it. I politely refused but asked what song it was. "Head and Shoulders," she said. "You know.. head and shoulders, knees and toes..."


Ah! That one! "Tell you what," I said, "I'll trade you. I'll take that one and you can have mine... This mailbox is mine, and this triagonal sign..." For those who don't know, that's one of the songs from Lazy Town which my daughter is completely enamored with. It doesn't matter what's wrong, if Lazy Town comes on, suddenly everything is right in her world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home