Sunday, April 25, 2004

Another Uptown Saturday Night

How was your Saturday night? Was it fun? Once you got home and went to bed did you get a lot of rest? Was it nice? Even if you said no, it probably beat the HELL out of my Saturday night.


If you read back to my Apr 21, 2004 post, you'll see that I was puking my guts out that night. I felt terrible but I waited it out. The next day I was all achey and tired, but my wife and baby were both well rested.


Well, Saturday night it was Terri's turn to be sick. It seems like she had very similar symptoms to me. However, there was one slight difference. At 12:30am Saturday night/Sunday morning I'm hauling her and the baby out to the ER so she can get some anti-puking medicine.


Of course they never just give you the medicine you need and send you home. So we were there from 12:30 to 6:00 am. That's right! Five-and-a-half glorious hours of my life that I'll never get back that I had to spend sitting in an uncomfortable chair or trying to console an upset baby while her mother is given medicine that knocks her out and lets her sleep.


So today, Terri feels achey, I haven't had any sleep and the baby is cranky and her sleep cycle is probably completely out of whack.


The moral of this story? There isn't one. I'm just tired and bitching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home