Thursday, June 03, 2004

Power Still Out

The power is STILL out at home. It's now been out for over 35 hours!


I can't understand why the power grid is so vulnerable to wind and rain. The TXU people are saying that we haven't had a storm this strong in 100 years, but I don't buy it. We lose power in our neighborhood every couple of months. I think the power grid needs to be upgraded and protected. One thing they need to do is bury more power lines. The power lines in our neighborhood are buried, but the feed where it comes from the overhead lines into the buried lines is always going out. I know where this junction is and whenever our power goes out I know that I can drive right by that place and find the TXU/ONCOR guys working on it.


Unfortunately nothings going to get done about it until someone holds TXU and ONCOR's feet to the fire and force them to upgrade the power grid. This is another reason why I'll be working to convert our new house to 100% solar energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home