Wednesday, July 21, 2004

No Worries

So I was waiting yesterday for a call from the real estate agent about the house but the call never came. When I got home last night I told Terri that I was surprised that we hadn't heard anything about the house today. She gives me this look for a second that says, "are you crazy?" Then she remembers, "oh, that's right I tried to call you but didn't get an answer and I forgot to try back later. Marion called and said that everything was accepted and we're good to go."


So I'd been worrying all day for nothing. I was thinking that the lack of a reply might mean that they were having difficulties accepting our latest offer or that they got another offer on the house. But it turns out that my wife just couldn't reach me.


That's understandable. There's only one or two methods that she could use to contact me while I'm at work. I think she tried my work phone, but I was probably away from my desk. That line's got voice-mail but I can understand not leaving a message. I've also usually got my cell phone but I don't think she tried that. That's OK. That's probably not really the reason I bought it and pay outrageous monthly service fees. I've also got my work and personal email addresses. But then she'd have had to type up a message and send it to me. No. I think it's much better to wait until I get home and then see if I mention it first. After all the Prilosec is making my stomach feel much better already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home