Monday, April 18, 2005

Eeeeek! A box of spiders! (potentially)

I was evil this weekend. Terri had me bring in her "summer wardrobe" which consists of 3 large suit cases. Since these were in storage for several months you've got to understand that some critters will make their homes in and around them.

Anyway, Terri had been unpacking the cases and packing her winter wardrobe into them. After she'd packed up one of the cases, I went over to haul it back out for storage. I then noticed that an old spider egg sac had come off the outside of the case and was now on the bedspread. I really didn't care to go to bed that night with an old egg sac on the bed, so I picked it up. About that time, Terri came back into the room so I held it out to her.

Not knowing what it was, she accepted it into her hand. That's when the fun began. She started making "eeep eeep" noises and promptly sprinted for the bathroom where she flushed it down the toilet.

I've really got to hand it to her. She didn't cuss or throw a complete fit. I attribute that to the fact that Dee was in the room with us.

Once she got back form the bathroom, she was rubbing her palm and doing the "freaked out" dance. She says, "do you want to tell me why you just handed me a sac of spider eggs? That's like handing me a whole box of spiders... potentially."

Ah, yes, it's the days like this we'll remember forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home