Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Brother and the Admiral

My brother has to be one of the luckiest people I know. It's been commented in our family that he could trip over dog shit and land face forward into Paris Hilton's twat. OK, maybe not those EXACT words, but words to that effect.

Tonight he calls me and tells me that he met an admiral today. Thinking that it was some corporate function and he met some Navy big wig I wasn't feeling particularly impressed. Then he goes on to say that he's an admiral on a Battlestar.

Wait... BattleSTAR? As is Galactica? Yes.

So, my stupid little brother who's not NEAR the sci-fi geek that I am is out with his family eating supper at a Chinese Buffet (coincidentally me and my family are out at the same time eating at a Japanese Steak House) and who walks in but Edward James Olmos and family (including son Bodie Olmos who plays Hot Dog on the show as well).

So my little bro got to meet Admiral Adama and shake his hand and so forth. And I got the joy of him gloating about it over the cell phone to me.

Sigh.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger John Hattan said...

Someday I'll tell you about the time I threw John Boy Walton's son into a swimming pool.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home