Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Dee was being insufferably cute this morning. I woke her and mom up to give them their Valentine's day presents.

Dee looks at hers and says, "hey! A birthday card. For me?"

Tried explaining that it was a Velentine's Day card and not a birthday card, but she kept insisting that it was a Birthday card.

Then mom opened hers and Dee said, "You got a birthday card! HEY!!! I got one too!"

This time mom tried telling her it was a Velentine's Day card, but still she insists that it's a Birthday card.

Then she saw the little heart shaped box of candy I got her. She sniffed at it through the plastic and declares, "I smell candy! Mmmm! I love Candy! Open it!"

This from the little girl who absolutely refused to eat anything sweet until recently. She barely even touched her own 3rd birthday cake.

Mom gave me a big box of goodies (including a love monkey). The box, however, looked like a cereal box called Smoochies. I kept trying to figure out where she got a box of smoochies cereal, where the cereal went, and why the hell someone would name a cereal smoochies. Then she pointed out that it was a Hallmark thing. Kind of like an oversized card that you can put stuff in. Neat idea. Anyway it was filled with way more chocolate than I need. It'll probably hold me until next Valentine's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home