Friday, November 03, 2006

I'm not a Frenchie... I'm a Belgie...

I hit a site yesterday that shows songs that different radio stations around the country are currently playing. (http://web.yes.com/yes-nation/)


One of the songs that cought my eye was Strut by Sheena Easton. Sometimes it takes very little to get a song stuck in my head. This was apparently enough yesterday.


Part of the lyrics struck me, though... "Nations go to war over women like you, it's just a form of appreciation." It seems to me that it's been a while since there was a war over a woman. But wouldn't it be refreshing if we had one?


Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'd advocate such a war but it'd certainly be a fresh turn from wars over religion or oil. Heck, I'd bet even France could get behind that. Come to think of it I think it'd most likely be France that would start it.


Sure, you could see it. One nation's leader insults the wife of another national leader. The other leader calls for an apology but is refused and suddenly the whole nation is insulted and up in arms (literally). The UN tries to step in, of course, but there's no use. Next thing you know France and Belgium are at war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home