Monday, July 25, 2005

My Workout

I thought I might post a bit about my workout routine. I've been working out since February when my Doctor gave me the go-ahead after deciding that we had my blood pressure under control.


I've also been eating low-carb on the advice of my Doctor.


My brother helped me put this routine together.



Day 1 - Chest and Biceps


I start off with 20 minutes on the Precor Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer.



I've been gradually increasing the resistance. I'm currently at level 4.


Next I go to the Nautilus Nitro Plus Vertical Press machine.



I set the weight at the minumum 20lbs and do 4 sets of 50 reps each. By the last 15-20 reps of that last set, I'm really struggling to complete each rep.


Next I go to the Incline Bench.



I use 5 lb dumbells and again do 4 sets of 50 reps.


Then I move on to the Nautilus Nitro Plus Pec Fly machine



I set the weight for 50 lbs. Again I do 4 sets of 50 reps.


Next I go to the Preacher Curl bench.



I use the curved bar which weighs about 20lbs without any additional weight. I'm trying to do 4 sets of 50, but right now can only manage about 2 sets of 50 and 2 sets of 30.


Then I grab a couple of 5lb dumbells and do 4 sets of 50 standing dumbell curls.


Day 2 - Back and Triceps


Again I start of with 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer.


Then I go to the Nautilus Nitro Plus Lat Pulldown machine.



I set the machine for 55lbs and again do 4 sets of 50 reps.


Next I go to the Nautilus Nitro Plus Compound Row machine.



I set the machine for 50lbs and once more do 4 sets of 50 reps.


Next I go to a flat bench.



I grab a 10lb weight and do 4 sets of 50 bentover rows.



Next I head over to the Nautilus Free Weight Cable Crossover machine.



I set the weight to 50lbs and rig it so I can do Cable Push downs. Again I do 4 sets of 50.



Then I grab a 5lb dumbell and do some one-arm tricep extensions.



Again I do 4 sets of 50.


Day 3 - Legs and Abs


I start out once again with 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer


Then I go to the Nautilus Nitro Plus Leg Press machine



I do 4 sets of 50 with 125lbs.


Next is the Nautilus Nitro Plus Leg Extension machine.



I do 4 sets of 50 with 35 lbs.


Next is the Nautilus Nitro Plus Seated Leg Curl machine.



I do 4 sets of 50 with 35lbs.


Next is the Nautilus XPLoad Seated Calf machine.



I do 4 sets of 50 using only the weight of the machine.


Lastly I go to the Nautilus Nitro Plus Abdominal machine.



I do 4 sets of 50 with 50lbs.


That's it. I do these three days and then start over at Day 1.


So far I've lost about 20 lbs. But I know I've actually lost more fat than that because I've gained some muscle also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home