Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cycling

Well I've been cycling now for a week. It's a great workout, gets me outside and makes me feel better about spending the rest of the day in front of the computer.

I bought a Specialized Expedition from Bicycles Inc. in Keller. It's a great bike with an all aluminum frame, 26" tires and adjustable front shocks. I've also added a bike computer (cheapo from Target) so I've got a clock, odometer, etc. Though I am thinking about mounting one of my GPS units on the bike somewhere for the sole purpose of mapping my routes (and so I don't get lost).

I've been doing most of my riding in Arcadia Trail Park. It's a great park with several miles of paved trails. It's about a 2 mile ride from my house, so I get there, do about 6 miles in the park, then 2 miles back home for a good solid 10 mile ride. Worst part of the ride is that I live at the top of a rather long hill that I've got to climb at the end of my ride! That hill's something of a bitch after 10 miles.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home